Reserving Space at Hyde Hall
All Hyde Hall reservation requests must be submitted at least four weeks prior to your desired event date. The IAH will only consider applications that are submitted after the specified timeframe.
Current reservation request window:
- Accepting requests for Fall 2023, Spring Commencement 2024, and conferences taking place in 2023-2024. Submit an Event Reservation Request here.
Hyde Hall rooms are primarily used year-round for faculty development programs and activities offered by the Institute for the Arts and Humanities. When available, Hyde Hall rooms may be used for activities related to our central mission.
The IAH will consider the following types of events:
- Faculty-focused arts, humanities, and interpretive social science events including, but not limited to, academic workshops, panels, lectures, conferences, and retreats.
- Donor events that support the arts, humanities, and interpretive social sciences.
- Special academic events held by UNC-Chapel Hill administrative partners.
The IAH will not consider the following types of events:
- Individual faculty/staff celebrations.
- Student-centric events.
- Staff-centric events.
- Events for organizations not affiliated with UNC-Chapel Hill.
The University Room and Incubator Room are available for room reservations. Please refer to our room rentals and pricing page for more information.
The IAH will provide a discount of 50% of the room rental rate to faculty in our core constituency units and administrative partners. For a complete list of who the IAH provides a room rental discount, please click here (PDF).
For more information, contact: