Call for Applications: Director, New Faculty Program
December 7, 2018 | Sophia Ramos
The IAH New Faculty Program is designed for faculty in the 1st to 3rd year at Carolina and open to all faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences, not only those in the arts and humanities. It is also open to all faculty ranks –assistant, associate, and fixed-term faculty. The Institute for the Arts and Humanities invites former faculty and ALP fellows who are currently tenured members of the faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences at UNC Chapel Hill to apply for the position of Director of New Faculty Program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- developing programs for new faculty to aid them in transitioning to UNC Chapel Hill
- providing support to new faculty participants by offering advice, connecting them to resources, increasing their professional and social connections in the Triangle, and mentoring them through their transition to UNC Chapel Hill
- coordinating with the staff of the IAH on all events, particularly around communication and catering/events needs
- working with the programs administrator, Philip Hollingsworth, in the planning and implementation of events
- advertising events for new faculty and maintaining the Facebook page
- attending IAH events in support of the institute’s mission of empowering faculty, creating community, and cultivating leadership
A complete application includes a CV, three references (names, titles, phone, email), and completion of the on-line IAH Director of New Faculty Program application: https://unc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgNWo2rHy1obKRv
Closing date for applications is Friday, January 11, 2019.
Questions? Please contact the IAH Program Administrator Philip Hollingsworth at email@example.com, or the current director of New Faculty Program, Dr. Mai Thi Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org.