King's College Fund
In support of a collaborative partnership with King's College London and UNC, the Institute for the Arts and Humanities provides funds for projects and events that are designed to advance this relationship.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
For Support from King's College Fund
THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2013
The deadline for 2013 has passed. Please check this page in fall 2013 for information about applying for 2014 funds.
UNC faculty and graduate students from participating units may apply to the King’s College Fund for support for projects and collaborative events that advance the relationship between UNC and KCL. This program is supported by the Dean’s Office, the Institute for the Arts and Humanities, and participating departments and programs in the College of Arts and Sciences. All proposals should be approved by the Chair of the faculty/graduate students’ department or curriculum.
Funds may be requested to cover travel by UNC faculty and graduate students, costs of housing and hospitality for events, and other expenses if appropriate. Support for each funded proposal will typically range between $2,000 and $10,000.
Applicants must provide the following information in their proposal:
- Name, department and contact information for applicant
- Title and nature of event/collaboration/initiative
- Collaborating departments at each institution
- Expected number of people involved and their roles
- Tentative schedule and dates for the event
- Budget for expected expenses, including possible alternate or additional sources of funds
- Statement about how the event will contribute to the UNC-KCL collaboration (one paragraph)
- Brief statement about expected outcomes (e.g., publications, conferences)
- Applicant’s statement confirming Department Chair approval of proposal